MSc projects available 2020!
- Master thesis project on Early blight infection in potatoes
- Designing bio-fibers by electrospinning
- 3D printing of bio-based materials through laser fusion/binder jet printing
- Designing “green” materials through a single screw extruder
- Carotenoid content in Cassava
- Cross-transcriptome analysis of Cassava and Potato for improved nutrient content and increased stress tolerance
- Integrated pest management of Swedish apple orchards
- Gammafly – Search of semiochemicals from plants and symbiotic microbes
- Polyploidy and the evolution of floral traits
- Patterns of inheritance and local adaptation of floral scent emission
- Image analysis for automated detection of plant disease in field
- In situ modification of postharvest shelf-life in crop leaves
- Interactions between plants and fungal peptides
- NAD(P)H redox regulation in plants
- Differential Ca2+-binding to plant NDB proteins
- Master thesis project on post-harvest phenotyping in potato
- Projects in South Acrica-Sweden exchange “Knowledge-exchange for enhanced genomic analysis of potato to control late blight, and increase drought tolerance”
- BSc_and MSc student internship in plant pathology: The effect of different elemental nutrient concentrations on late blight lesion development in potato
- Domestication of a novel oilseed crop
SLU Alnarp and Lund University offer numerous courses in plant biology at different levels.
Courses at basic level:
Plant-related courses at the basic level are given at the Department of Biology, Lund University. Find the range of courses here .
Bachelor level courses in English at SLU Alnarp:
– Genetics and Plant Breeding
– Hydroponic Systems in Horticultural Production and Public Environment
– Sustainable production Systems in a Global Perspective
– Urban Agriculture and Social Interaction (stadsodling)
Note that some of the courses at basic level are given only in Swedish, see their web pages for details.
More courses at basic level at SLU Alnarp can be found here.
Courses at advanced level:
Here is an overview of advanced courses related to plant science at SLU Alnarp and time during the semesters when they are given.
Advanced Plant Breeding and Genetic Resources – Alnarp
Applied Plant Biotechnology – Alnarp
Environmental Issues in Crop production – AlnarpHorticultural Production Physiology– Alnarp Chemical Ecology for Sustainable Insect Pest Control –Alnarp
Integrated Pest Management in Sustainable Production Systems – Alnarp Microbial Horticulture – Alnarp Plant Biology for Breeding and Protection – Alnarp Plant Growth and Development – Alnarp Principles of Crop Physiology –Alnarp Practical Research Training– Alnarp
Independet Project in Biology, A2E – Alnarp
At the European level the ESCAPAdE course database is a search tool aiming to help students in applied plant sciences.
For Plant-related courses at the Advanced level at Lund University, check the webpages for biology and chemistry. There you will find updated information on current courses. You can also find information about more courses at SLU Alnarp.
Lund University is also participating in a new two year Nordic Masters Program in Biodiversity and Systematics, NABIS.
The NOVA universities offer MSc and PhD courses in plant breeding and related fields.
Project work or degree project
If you are interested in project work in molecular plant biology, for shorter applied projects or for a Master’s degree projects, you are welcome to contact any of the research groups tied to Plant Link or the PlantLink deputy director.
Do you, or your research group, have a proposal for degree projects or other applied projects and want them to be published here? Please send a short description and contact details to Plant Link’s deputy director.
We also have collaboration with several companies in the region (see the list below for some of them). For internships or projects at any of these companies please contact the PlantLink director for details.
Example of companies for internships
Nordic Beet Research (NBR) www.nordicbeet.nu
ScanBi Diagnostic www.scanbidiagnostics.com
Does your company want to be added to this list? Please contact Plant Link’s deputy director