This year’s annual Copenhagen Plant Science Center (CPSC) and PlantLink joint workshop was hosted by MAXIV and ESS. This was a chance to learn more about the new MaxIV and ESS facilities and to interact with researchers associated to PlantLink or working at MaxIV, ESS and CPSC. 50 plant researchers from around the Öresund strait were welcomed in the morning by the Life Science director of MAXIV, Tomas Lundqvist.
PlantLink is planning a third round of the PlantLink Industrial Mentorship program starting in May-June 2016. We welcome PhD students and Post Docs at Lund University and SLU Alnarp. The student-mentor pairs will then meet every 2-3 months during 2017 ending in November/December and the student will get to visit the mentor’s working place. Please contact Erik Alexandersson if you as a PhD student or post doc are interested to participate in the Industrial Mentorship program as well as the course. More information and application
The recent flurry of technological advancements by, e.g., Next-Generation sequencing (NGS) and mass spectrometry (MS), have enabled genome-scale capturing of biological processes at the molecular level. Rather than being limited to a handful of measured compounds, it is now possible to capture thousands of molecular variables. These techniques are being increasingly used also in the field conditions which is a central part of crop science
"Field-omics and remote sensing - analysis of ‘-omics’ and phenotypic data in field trials and controlled environments" (3 ECTS), 18-22 June 2017 focuses on theoretical and practical aspects when designing experiments to generate ’-omics’ data, proximal and remote sensing. It will cover topics from experimental design, sampling to interpreting the results and finding biologically relevant conclusions. Strategies both in field trials and in controlled environments will be covered.
- Sign up for ESS/Max joint study visit with CPSC, 8 February!
- PhD courses coming up 2017: ‘Insect neurobiology’ 1-19 May, ‘Field-omics and remote sensing - analysis of ‘-omics’ and phenotypic data in field trials and controlled environments’ 18-22 June, ‘Successful Partnerships between Academia and Industry in Plant Protection’ 13-17 November
- Nova PhD courses: ‘Biological Control: Microbial interactions for improved plant health’ 29 May-3 June, Adaptation and ‘Resilience in Plant Breeding’ 11-16 June 2017
- PhDs and Post docs: a new round of the PlantLink Industrial mentorship program
- PlantLink and Forskningsnätet Skåne are looking for 2-week summer projects for high school students
- New mentorship program Växa starts in March at the LTV faculty
- VR rewards several plant-related developmental research in the region
- We’re gearing up for Fascination of Plants Day 2017
- Open position: PhD student in Chemical Ecology “Odour signals for host identification in Medetera long-legged flies”
- Upcoming meetings and events