MSc projects available 2018!
- Designing bio-fibers by electrospinning
- 3D printing of bio-based materials through laser fusion/binder jet printing
- Designing “green” materials through a single screw extruder
- Carotenoid content in Cassava
- Cross-transcriptome analysis of Cassava and Potato for improved nutrient content and increased stress tolerance
- Integrated pest management of Swedish apple orchards
- Gammafly – Search of semiochemicals from plants and symbiotic microbes
- Polyploidy and the evolution of floral traits
- Patterns of inheritance and local adaptation of floral scent emission
- Image analysis for automated detection of plant disease in field
- In situ modification of postharvest shelf-life in crop leaves
- Interactions between plants and fungal peptides
- NAD(P)H redox regulation in plants
- Differential Ca2+-binding to plant NDB proteins
SLU Alnarp and Lund University offer numerous courses in plant biology at different levels.
Courses at basic level:
Note that some of the courses at basic level are given only in Swedish, see their web pages for details.
More courses at basic level at the Department of Biology, LU, can be found here and at SLU Alnarp here.
Courses at advanced level:
Here is an overview of advanced courses related to plant science at the two universities and time during the semesters when they are given.
Advanced Plant Breeding and Genetic Resources – Alnarp
Applied Crop Physiology –Alnarp
Applied Plant Biotechnology – Alnarp
Chemical Ecology – Lund
Genetic Analysis I – Lund
Genetic Analysis II – Lund
Insect Chemical Ecology –Alnarp
Management of Pests, Diseases and Weeds – Alnarp
Plant Biology – Lund
Plant Ecology – Lund
Plant Evolution and Diversity – Lund
Plant Systematics and Diversity – Lund
Principles of Crop Physiology –Alnarp
Lund University is also participating in a new two year Nordic Masters Program in Biodiversity and Systematics, NABIS.
Project work or degree project
If you are interested in project work in molecular plant biology, for shorter applied projects or for a Master’s degree projects, you are welcome to contact any of the research groups tied to Plant Link or the PlantLink deputy director.
Do you, or your research group, have a proposal for degree projects or other applied projects and want them to be published here? Please send a short description and contact details to Plant Link’s deputy director.
We also have collaboration with several companies in the region (see the list below for some of them). For internships or projects at any of these companies please contact the PlantLink director for details.
Example of companies for internships
Does your company want to be added to this list? Please contact Plant Link’s deputy director